What data do we collect?
Our company collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (name, email address, phone number, date of birth, gender, nationality, passport number, issue and expiry dates)
- Emergency contact information (name, relationship to the customer, phone number)
- Travel insurance information (company name, policy number)
- Flight details (flight date, time and number)
- Medical information (allergies, dietary requirements, any medical condition, medication or treatment that may affect the customer on a trip)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide our company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Submit a query via the “contact us” page of our website
- Subscribe to our mailing list
- Provide any of the above details in email correspondence
- Complete a booking form or book a tour directly from our website
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
Our company may also receive your data indirectly from any third-party website (e.g. TripAdvisor) on which you make a booking for our tours or services.
How will we use your data?
Our company collects your data so that we can:
- Reply to specific queries raised when you contact us
- Process your booking
- Know who to contact in case of any emergency
- Pass the information collected to the tour operator (Venture Ethiopia Tours and Travel), allowing them to carry out the tour and make bookings on your behalf
Images of you on our tours
From time-to-time, our customers, staff or suppliers may take photographs and/or videos of tours in progress which may include images of our customers. These images and/or videos may be used in future marketing materials and stored physically and digitally. If you do not wish you or your family to be photographed or filmed or for any photographs and films which may contain images of you or your family to be used in this manner, please advise your tour leader at the beginning of your trip. On the rare occasion that you or any of your family members are included in any images displayed on our website against your will, please contact us and we will remove the images immediately.
How do we store your data?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We do not hold your information for longer than is necessary to facilitate our relationship with you as our customer. For example, when you book a tour with us, we will keep the information related to your booking in order to fulfil your travel arrangements. After that, we will keep the information for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to the booking. We will actively review the information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases put it beyond use, when there is no longer a legal, business or customer need for your information to be retained.
Our company will only send you information about products and services we think you might like if you opt in to joining our mailing list. If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop our company from contacting you for marketing purposes.
What are your data protection rights?
Our company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access: you have the right to request our company for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification: you have the right to request that our company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request our company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure: you have the right to request that our company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing: you have the right to request that our company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing: you have the right to object to our company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: you have the right to request that our company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
What types of cookies do we use?
We use Google Analytics to help us to improve the performance of our website. Non-identifiable personal data is stored and used to analyse visits to web pages and usage of the website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that our company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.